Monday, March 30, 2009

March 30/07

Makenna Ray Hogg

I was a week over due at this point and you know NOT happy.   Friday morning, March 30 I woke up bummed because the baby had not come yet.   My doctor told me to phone him Friday morning if I hadn't had the baby yet and he would get me in to be induced that day.   Excited I got out of bed showered shaved my legs ( to the best of my ability at the time) and get ready to have this baby!! At 9:00 I called my Doctor and to my dismay he would not be able to induce me as he was going out of town for the weekend to a conference and they were booked at the hospital already.  If I didn't have the baby on the weekend he already had me booked to be induced Monday morning.   SO SO SO upset I hung up the phone  and just started to bawl!! I was past the point of wanting to be pregnant anymore!!!  I did not want to be induced if I didn't have too--- I wanted to got through the WHOLE experience as much as possible.   I phoned my mom and she assured me that the baby would come this weekend... she just knew it.   My mom said that her and my dad would be in later today to take us to dinner to get our mind off of things.  After I hung up the phone I remember just dropping to my knees and asking my Heavenly Father to help this baby to come and SOON.  I was so ready to hold a baby in my arms and was so out of patience and was scared to be induced.  After I felt so calm and at peace and I knew the baby would come before Monday, so I waited.   
NOTHING happened all day. Not a NOTHING!  I just wanted my water to break and get this over with! 

We headed to The Keg with my parents later that night and had to wait for about 45 min. to get a table. I started to feel sick just waiting. I started to feel a few pains in my stomach but thought nothing of it.   We finally got to our table and we were looking through the menu and I started to feel a little more pain--- but not nothing to bad. We ordered and while we were waiting I felt SO much pressure down there so I waddled to the bathroom and as I sat down I felt like I needed to PUSH so bad.  Scared I got up and waddled back to the table and was feeling a lot more pain at this point.  I sat down and said, "Joel, it IS time"!!  My mom was so excited and my dad wanted to know how far apart the contractions were--- "I don't know it just hurts!"  I knew this baby was coming and we needed to get to the hospital NOW!

We jumped into the car and Joel thought we had time to go home and get our bags... NO we did not.   I thought I was going to die the pain was SO bad.  My back hurt so bad and the baby just wanted to come out!

 In the Emergency room the nurses were so nanchalant and wanted to know how far apart my contractions were and told me to have a seat ---- HAVE A SEAT I don't think so!!!  One nurse saw how much pain I was in and screamed, "get that girl upstairs or she is going to have that baby here"!   

Makenna Ray Hogg was born at 8:36pm -- exactly 19 minutes from when we left The Keg!!

She was such a beautiful baby girl with just the right amount of dark hair.  She weighed 7 pounds 8 ounces and was 2o inches long. 

The moment I saw her I was filled with so much emotion and love.  I couldn't believe I had a beautiful baby girl and she was our own.   It all happened SO SO fast!  But boy was I glad she was here.   I said a silent prayer thanking my Heavenly Father for such a Beautiful and Healthy baby girl and answering my prayers so FAST! LOL


Joel was SO happy and proud to be the daddy of a little GIRL! Even though he was a little upset that he didn't get his steak--- MEN!

Joel called my parents and they were just enjoying their dessert and could not believe the news!  My mom kept telling Joel, "you better not be lying to me!"  So Joel held the phone out and she heard Makenna's lungs and was SO SO excited it was a GIRL!  Yes, the headed right over to the hospital and were the first ones to meet Makenna Ray. 

When we were leaving the hospital Joel went to get the car and I was sitting in the main area at the hospital all alone with my little baby and I was so full of love and TEARS of joy.  I couldn't believe that I was finally leaving the hospital with our own baby.  

Makenna has been such a blessing to us in our lives and we just love her SO much.

Makenna is such a busy, energetic, fun-loving and sweet little girl.  We love everything about her!  I can't believe she is two already, time sure does fly when you got a little one to keep you on your toes.

We love you Makenna Ray and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


4 comments:

Andy said...

oh, what a sweet post. I can't believe you had her 19 minutes from when you left the restaurant! That is craziness!Makenna really is the sweetheart of the ward! I love how she is always so concerned about others.

King Fam said...

what a fun birth experiance. Thx for sharing

Jodi Pilling said...

wow what an exciting story! Happy Birthday to little McKenna!

Kelli Olsen said...

19 Minutes! Wow. Good thing you made it to the hospital! Makenna is such a cutie! and I love how she share's her snacks with Ty even though he sometimes picks on her! What a sweetie!