Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What's going on at the Hogg house....


I'm SO bad at this blog thing.  Life is SO crazy busy that I forget to update mine when everyone else's lives seem way more interesting than ours.

We have been down to the Lake already this year... BEAUTIFUL weather, I even got a tan!!   Makenna L O V E S it, and is so sad when it's time to go home.   I love to just sit on the beach and get as many "rays" in as possible while Makenna plays in the water and sand.   Makenna loves to go in "pa pa's boat" and ride his "jet ski" she loves to go fast-- crazy dare devil child of mine (too much like her dad I think).    I can't wait to spend our Summer at the Lake.  We just love that Grandpa and Grandma have a place for us to enjoy all Summer long. :) Here are a few from our May Long trip and from a couple of weekends ago. 





I have decided to go back to work on Friday mornings at the office.   I didn't realize how much I really did miss it SO much, I love the atmosphere and all the employees.  I have the sweetest lady that watches Makenna for me and Makenna LOVES to go to her house.   I still work from home during the week, BEST thing ever.  I work while Makenna has her afternoon nap. I love having a list of things to be done that day and am usually on the phone with clients most of the time and typing away.  It sure is a great break from my crazy little two year old sometimes.  
I can't complain, I have the best of both worlds!!

For those of you that don't know we are putting an Addition on to our house.  We have a really BIG lot and will be putting another 700 square feet in the back.  It will include the master bedroom with a master bath and walk in closet (YES!!) it will also have a large office-- as I really need more space for my office/craft room.  We will have a full basement for our use only as we rent out our basement now.  I can't wait for a playroom, storage room and large living room!! YAY!! The basement just got dug and we will be doing the footings this week so hopefully the walls will be up before you know it!!!







We are hoping to have our Addition done by October and livable.... it will be an adventure but I can't wait to have more space.    I wish we could be building our dream home but prices are SO crazy right now and we want to build our dream home on an acreage some day.

Other than that, Makenna is growing like a weed and is for sure keeping my on my toes every minute of every day.  She sure is a little crazy thing but we love her and wouldn't have her any other way!

And my latest project was making a beach blanket to take to the lake. I found this material and fell in love with it and couldn't wait to get started so it is done already!  I think it turned out pretty darn cute, almost too cute for the beach! LOL     Don't look to close the sewing is not the greatest but it sure was fun!    Hopefully Summer is here to STAY!!




4 comments:

Roe Family said...

cute blanket!! So fun!!! Your way too talented, Hope ya get your addition started soon... and done soon too. It's always more work then expected but worth it in the end.

Tiffany said...

Don't you love how life gets busy...and days and days go by without even thinking...so fun all the pictures from the lake. That is so exciting that you are finally getting that addition you have always wanted...you are going to LOVE IT.

Dallas said...

LOVE the blanket Ray! and the beach looks awesome! I can't wait til we can hit the beach too! :o) Good luck with the addition!

Lynn said...

Hi! I think I jumped over to your blog from Christal's. I noticed you mentioned your last name before marriage was Reeder. Are you any relation to Mike Reeder? He is my cousin. ; )

Email me. crapo(at)shaw(dot)ca

Thanks!