Monday, March 9, 2009

Potty Time...

We bought a little potty for Makenna when she was 1, of course she had NO idea what it was... but now she does!   First of all I HATE changing diapers, I just do it well because that's what us mom's do right?!   
Makenna loves to sit on her little pink potty and put her baby's on the potty as well.  We never did mention anything about it to her before as she liked to sit on it and play. 

Untill...

Last week she was playing on the floor with Joel and she jumped up and said, "uh-oh" and put her hand on her diaper.  Joel stripped her clothes off and ran her to the potty JUST in time for her to go "tinkle tinkle"!!  I know we couldn't believe it either.  She was so happy and VERY proud of herself.  As we flushed it down the toilet she waved bye bye pee pee!!  

So off Makenna went and wanted to put on a "big girl" pull up and headed to the kitchen for a popsicle.  That night she went on the potty 2 more times!! YAY Makenna... such a "BIG GIRL" now and not even 2 yet! 

Since then she has gone on the potty a few times here and there and loving it.  Today she was trying to take off her diaper so I asked her if she needed to go potty.... "Ah YES" she said!  So off we went to the potty.   She pushed and pushed... sorry for the detail but she try's SO hard to go. Joel and I have to try so hard not to laugh at her and her "pushing".
After every push she would get up and look and see if anything was in the potty.  One last PUSH... and out came POOP!! She couldn't believe it... "pooh" she say's clapping her hands. Again so very proud of herself and surprised to see it in the potty.   She loves to wash her hands and of course heads to get her popsicle.  

YAY!!!  I'm so proud of my little baby.... oh I mean my BIG GIRL!  I sure hope she keeps this up what a great birthday gift to mom and dad---- NO MORE DIAPERS!!  knock-on-wood. LOL  :)


6 comments:

Unknown said...

that is so wounderful that you will be diaper free soon, im with you, i hate diapers the bigger the kid get!

Andy said...

yeah! Good luck! I hope she keeps doing so well for you! I tried p.t.ing Paige a few weeks ago and she is so not ready... she still pees way too often.
It's so fun to watch their excitment when they learn to do something new.

The Molcak's said...

Oh I am SO jealous but so excited for you. I hate changing diapers but I think I better wait to try and train Macy until after the baby gets here! Woohoo Makenna!

Tiffany said...

That's so exciting for you guys....it is so nice to have them potty trained ! Good luck with the adventure of it all.

Roe Family said...

I love it when they potty train and actually do it!!! Just don't give up... Makenna really is a sweet heart, and if anyone going to do it it's going to be her...

Lindsey Smith said...

So not fair, i would give my left leg (very large at the momen) to get Jack to be trained. Oh well he will be the one to decide. Good going!